Monday, August 9, 2010

Dirty Dirty Dozen

Ben is off of his nursing strike, Thank God. Now onto more appetizing forms of food for my child.

Next weekend he will be starting on rice cereal then a few weeks after that VEGGIES!!! I have one mission in life as a Mom and that is to make my child love vegetables as much as I do. He can have a million tattoos and be a UFC fighter for all I care, as long as he downs his eggplant, zucchini, and red bell peppers (just kidding about the first two things).

Because of this quest, I have been doing mucho research on the best way to introduce solids to babies and the best ways to raise veggie eaters. I came across this article and thought it was worth sharing.

In the past I've never been a big organic produce consumer... because 1. I shop at Walmart and their organic produce selection is non-existent. 2. I never really "believed" in all the hype. 3. Organic produce is more expensive.

However, when it comes to down to feeding the little one, I really don't want him to be ingesting all those chemicals. I love this list because now I not only know which generic veggies to avoid at Walmart (and make a separate trip to Whole food to get), but I also know which ones are totally safe so I don't waste money buying organic where I don't need. I printed this list and am keeping it in my purse so I can easily reference it while shopping.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment