Monday, March 29, 2010

The Bucket List

With the hospital bags packed and the nursery taken care of, I have found myself at loose ends.

A sane person would let themself rest before all the 2 am feedings and millions of diaper changes, but I don't really rest. Resting is stressful and for some reason stirs up alot of guilt within me. And as much as my husband likes to pretend that he likes to, he doesn't really rest either.

So last Thursday we went to the DMA to see the exhibit Through the Lens of Impressionism. It was really interesting to look at some early photography and compare it to the art going on at the time. We also stopped in on an an exhibit by Jacob Lawrence which documented the life of Toussaint L'Ouverture, who was basically the Haitian George Washington.

Note: An awesome wedding guest gave us a year-long membership to the DMA, and this is the third time we've used it so far. If you know a couple that would use the membership, this is definitely an awesome outside-the-box wedding gift idea!

Then on Saturday we fulfilled one of Greg's bucket list items and went to an FC Dallas game. Though it was windy, the sky was clear and the game was exciting. Dallas played Houston, which is a big rival and they tied which Greg was happy about (I think they were picked to lose).

And Sunday was spent outdoors as well. We planted a garden! Our backyard came equipped with a garden patch already, all it needed was a little TLC. We raked it out, re-lined the outside with new stones, tilled the soil, added new soil, and planted some tomato plants, cucumbers, bell peppers, and zucchini as well as every herb you can think of. I love working with my husband, making decisions and looking at our finished product. I can't wait to start cooking with some fresh veggies from my very own garden.


Also, when I went to the Dr. last, I had lost close to 3 lbs. Apparently this is common for the last few weeks of pregnancy b/c the baby is using up so much fuel. That puts me at an overall gain for the pregnancy of 26 pounds so far (how much of that was muscle turned to fat, I really don't like to think about). I decided to let myself truly enjoy these last few weeks without abandon because I know that after the little one arrives I will be back to my more typical fare in hopes of having some semblance of abs. So amongst all the adventures, we also threw in Twisted Root burgers and shakes, lemon-raspberry cheesecake, french toast from a greasy spoon diner we stumbled upon, and to top off the weekend a rootbeer float!!

This weekend will be filled with family activities and more eating. Maybe, I'll actually take some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment