Saturday, June 26, 2010

I cook blog food.

Today was wonderful. It was the first weekend day in a while that we haven't been out and about visting family. We started off the day with a trip to the farmers market.
Ben got to make friends with my red potatoes...

Then I let my ADD run wild and ping-ponged around my house working on random to-dos. I FINALLY got my sense of accomplishment back. The reason I think this happened is because, (1) Ben is getting a bit more predictable. Therefore, I can really utilize his naptimes. (2) I realized I the amount that I can accomplish in a day is less than 1/4th of what I used to. I started setting realistic goals and ticking them off my list.


Todays goals were:
1. Sweep and mop the dining room
2. Sweep and mop the kitchen
3. Weed the garden
4. Cut out two sets of pieces for Katie's wedding garland (more on this to come!)
5. Fold and put away 2 loads of laundry
6. Write a blog post.

I actually crossed everything off!
The real meat of my post is about the two dishes I made tonight. I think I might make this a feature on the blog. I will cook a meal entirely of recipes from one blogger. This week Pioneer Woman posted two recipes that I could not get out of my head.
The first was Summer Stir-Fry. I think I couldn't get it out of my head because I had everything for it already in my fridge, aside from the corn... which I purchased this morning at the farrmer's market. Squee!
This was a light and refreshing summer meal that went great with my sauvignon blanc (pump and dump, baby). I used basil from my garden which added a great flavor. I don't think the hubs loved it, but I would definitely make it again. Especially if I was having the girls over.
The second PW recipe was Mystery Mocha. All I have to say about this is...
HOLY. HELL. MAKE . THIS. IMMEDIATELY.

It is a chocolate lava-type cake and it was super easy. If you have company coming over they will be super impressed! Greg forgave me for the 'light' dinner after he dug into this one.

Hope everyone is having a great summer weekend!!











2 comments:

  1. CUTE post! This was so you... your day's accomplishments were by far more than what I accomplish on a weekend day (sans bebe). Excited to hear about the wedding garland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete