Sunday, July 11, 2010

Blog Fooding

Each weekday night our meals consist of protein (usually grilled) and veggies and salad. On the weekends I like to get "fun" with my food without going completely overboard. I think the best thing to do is to try to add as many vegetables as you can to something naughty.

For example, this weekend Greg's brother and his family came over to watch the World Cup. I made PW's Eggpland and Tomato Pizza. Because the dough in the recipe makes enough for two pizzas I also made one with italian sausage for the boys. I have a "thing" for eggplant to say the least so that version is my favorite. Plus, since I have been nursing I cannot get enough tomatoes. This pizza is basically my dream food. No matter how you like your pizza, you should definitely use this crust recipe. It is incredibly easy to make and crisps up nicely in the oven.

I also mad Deb's blue cheese coleslaw on Saturday night. I healthified it by reducing the amount of blue cheese and using low fat mayo. We put this slaw atop buffalo turkey burgers on whole wheat buns and had carrots dipped in guacamole on the side. (Make buffalo turkey burgers by mixing some wing sauce in with your ground turkey and usual burger seasonings. Then drizzle them with the a little more sauce when they come off the grill).

Sadly, there are no pictures of any of these delicious foods, but I wanted to put this out into the blogosphere. My memory card for the camera is not working, so I need to get a new one. I will post pics next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment